Why You Should Get Invisalign In Encinitas
Orthodontic treatment is increasing in popularity in the 21st century. Everyone is becoming more aware of their cosmetic attributes. This creates the need for people to perfect their smiles to the levels they desire. Orthodontics is concerned with the realignment of teeth. It works to ensure that no teeth are overlapping with each other and that the gaps between are not significant. Many dental appliances have been used for this treatment, including the now popular Invisalign.
What Is Invisalign?
It is a special brand of teeth aligners used in orthodontics. It features clear plastic-like materials that are worn over teeth. Since the aligners are clear, they have popularly been referred to as invisible teeth aligners or clear aligners.
The invisible braces are popular because of their anonymity. Patients can go through their orthodontic treatment without necessarily letting everyone know about it. They allow you to showcase your smile even while your teeth are being treated.
More Facts about Invisalign
Other than being clear teeth aligners, there are some truths about Invisalign that most people do not know. They include the following:
- They are removable – one great comparison of Invisalign vs braces is the aspect of removability. Traditional braces cannot be removed randomly, unless, by a dentist in Encinitas CA. on the other hand, Invisalign allows you to remove it back and forth. This is the reason you can still enjoy your meal choices without restrictions.
- They stan easily – the plastic-like clear teeth aligners are easy to stain. Any food pigments can stain them. Undermining the aspect of invisibility. It is why you must remove them every time you want to eat.
- 22 hours wear time – you have to wear your aligners for up to 22 hours every day. The treatment works by applying controlled pressure on teeth. The success thereof depends on how consistent the pressure is. It is why you need to wear your aligners for between 20-22 hours every day.
- The treatment takes time – as with all other appliances used for orthodontics, it takes time. The results you desire may take about 6 months or longer. The period often depends on how disciplined you are with earing the aligners, as well as the severity of your misalignment.
- You need to replace them every few weeks – this depends on the treatment plan developed for you. Invisible aligners work differently from traditional braces. After a few weeks, your first set of aligners tend to loosen. This is because teeth have already started shifting. For the desired look, the shifting has to be consistent. Therefore, you require a new fit of clear aligners to proceed with your treatment. The number of aligners you get within your treatment will depend on how long it takes to achieve the desired results.
- Soreness of gums – one of the most common questions people ask is, Is Invisalign painful? The Invisalign process in itself is not a painful procedure. You do not need to be under pain-relieving medication throughout your treatment. However, it is important to mention that you may experience sore gums during your treatment. What happens is that you get a change of your teeth aligners, as mentioned above. The new tray of aligners is usually tighter than the previous one. This is how the shifting occurs. In the initial moments of getting a new set of clear aligners, your gums will feel sore because of the tighter fit. However, this will only last a few days after getting them.
Do You Need Invisalign?
Getting Invisalign following an orthodontic problem is often a matter of preference. Most people that get them are adults, because of their cosmetic advantage. However, even teenagers can benefit from them, as long as they have consent from their parents and guardians.
Invisalign can be used to correct all sorts of orthodontic issues, including the following:
- Crooked teeth
- Gaps or spaces between teeth
- A crowded mouth
- Overlapping teeth
Even then, not every case of the issues mentioned above can best be treated with Invisalign. The invisible aligners are mostly used to correct mild cases of teeth malpositioning. Complex cases are best handled with the metal brackets of traditional braces, for better results. Reach out to our dentists in Encinitas CA for a recommendation on which orthodontic treatment best suits you.